Are you a sharp and creative digital communicator with an eye for graphic design? Do you want to use your skills in content production to contribute to the human rights movement? Then you might be the one we are looking for.
About the role
As Digital Communications Officer you will be responsible for planning, scheduling and creating content for our social media channels and work with the ongoing maintenance of our website, and take the digital lead in our campaigns.
With our digital strategy as point of departure, you will develop content adapted to our target groups, with the goal of increasing knowledge about and creating engagement for civil and political rights.
You will be part of a strong communications team, with different responsibilities. We all work tight together and help each other out when needed. We work close to the Fundraising Team and the regional departments in our pursuit to support our network of human rights defenders all around the globe. You will be reporting to the Communications Director.
The role offers great variety, including work tasks such as:
- Responsible for the digital parts of our campaigns.
- Ongoing maintenance of and content production for the web.
- Responsible for our digital content plan and publishing calendar.
- Content production for social media channels, including text, images and moving images, as well as support for other communication officers.
- Monitor social media activities, handle comments and interact with our followers and other stakeholders.
- Handle social media advertising.
- Report statistics from web and social media channels and follow up on digital campaigns.
As a person you like to take initiatives, initiate activities, and strive for results. You often come up with ideas and new approaches to work-related issues and have a solution- oriented mindset.
Furthermore, you take responsibility for your tasks, structure your work and drive your processes forward. If you also work well with other people and relate to them in a responsive and smooth way, we definitely think that you are the one we are looking for.
To be suitable for this role you have:
- A few years’ experience of working with web and social media, including text production, and creation of image and moving material for digital channels.
- Good knowledge of digital development.
- Experience of working with digital packaging and presentations using WordPress, Microsoft Office packages, Adobe Photoshop and easier video editing for social media.
- Good understanding of how to work with target group and platform adapted content.
- Excellent writer, being able to write both longer news texts about complicated content adapted for websites, as well as catchy copy for social media.
- Experience in analysis and follow-up using tools.
- Experience of working in Meta Business Suite and with Facebook Ads manager
- Experience in handling external suppliers.
- Excellent writing and speaking skills in Swedish (level C2) and English (level C2).
We assume that you share our values.
About the employment
This is a full-time substitute employment starting in the beginning of March 2024, or according to agreement, and ending in December 2024. Good possibilities for prolonged engagement.
As an organisation, we strive for diversity and we see your background, experience and personality as a contribution to the organisation. You will be based in our headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden.
We offer you a pleasant and modern workplace that values flexibility when it comes to working hours and the possibility to work remotely. We apply Collective Agreement with Fremia.
Please apply as soon as possible as we recruit on an ongoing basis, but no later than 1 December 2023.
For more information about the position, please contact: Maria Granefelt, Communications Director: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Local union representative: email@example.com (Unionen).
Civil Rights Defenders is a politically and religiously independent international human rights organisation. We defend people’s civil and political rights in some of the world’s most repressive regions. We partner with and support human rights defenders in more than 300 organisations in 50 countries on four continents. Together with our partners, we hold those in power accountable when people’s civil or political rights are violated. We also act as Sweden’s civil rights watchdog.
Civil Rights Defenders has around 100 staff members working in various functions towards our vision - a world of democratic societies in which we all enjoy our civil and political rights. Our headquarter is located in Stockholm, and we have eight branch offices around the world. Learn more about our work at crd.org.